Saturday, November 28, 2009

back in the blog relm

I have been very bad and have neglected my blog site for over a month.  I have no good excuse.  I just have been focused on other things.  For those of you who have been following I have a very exciting update on my sister, Shelly who is battling ovarian cancer. She has completed her chemo treatments and is starting to feel better.  There is going to be a benefit in her honor in Lincoln NE in January.  I will be working on a project to include in the silent auction.  As I get it complete I will post more info on the project and how you can bid on it.  Shelly tells me there is work under way to have a sight where people can bid on the silent auction items so when I have that info I will send it your way.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I am including a couple of pictures of some of my fall produce and some of my canning I did.  I made apple and cherry pies from the fruit from my trees, but did not take pictures of them, but they were pretty and best of all yummy!
Here is one of the sinks of apples I peeled, cored and cooked to make apple butter and canned apples slices for pies and apple crisp.  They were about 3inch diameter and I had  about 3 bushels from my tree.

From fall canning pics


From fall canning pics

Here are some of the canned apple butter.  These have been very popular with my friends and family and I made lots of 1/2 pint size to use as Christmas gifts, but didn't get pictures of them.  Maybe when I get them gift ready I will take some more pictures and post along with pictures of the canned apples slices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment