Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kevin's Change of Command Ceremony

This is going to be a little longer post so please take time to view all the photos.  My brother, Kevin is an officer in the Nebraska National Guard's Helicopter unit.  On Sunday 12/6 he took command of his Brigade in a special ceremony.  I was fortunate to have the day off so we made the trip to NE for the installment.  It was a great Ceramony and I was honored to be able to attend.  Here is a picture of the whole gang.


From Drop Box

This is my Brother and his family. His wife, Anita, and children Eli, Gretchen and Sophie


From Drop Box

This one makes me smile. Kevin is wearing his Army issue glasses.  One of the officers bet him a dollar he would not wear them during his speech, so of course he did, but not without apologizing to Anita before he put them on. He had told her he would not wear them in public.  Added a little lighted humor to the ceremony, which is so typical for my brother.


From Drop Box


It was such a great day and my brother is so deserving.  It renewed my sense of pride for my family, my brother and the service men who work so hard everyday to keep us safe. 
Here is one last collage of pictures from the day. These were taken during the ceremony. I especially like the pasing of the command flag from the outgoing commander to my brother, and then he passed it to the unit commander to symbolize his trust in his troops. It was very touching.

From Drop Box

No comments:

Post a Comment